Advanced 4C Software
What is 4C Software? Rottler’s newest EM Series equipment offers Computer Numeric Control (CNC), Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) in the industry’s most advanced Computer Measuring Machine (CMM). The 4C technology allows users to digitize, edit designs and begin cutting in less time but also requires less machining/programming expertise compared to many other systems. This brand new, revolutionary CNC machine CAD/CAM software allows 3D CAD Solid Models to be imported or created at the machine – the built-in CAM functions can be used to semi-automatically and interactively create complex 3D tool paths direct from the CAD geometry.
One of the main features is the EM series’ expanded size 32˝ touch screen – by maximizing screen size, Rottler’s CAM software allows unprecedented amounts of information to be displayed for the operator’s use. The user can choose the information to be displayed for incremental and interactive functionality.
Dimensions input through touch screen:
- Bore Centers, Exact Depth, Speed, Feed, etc.
- Bores complete bank in Automatic Cycle.
- Lower Bore Relief, off center boring for Honing Clearance.
- Surfacing Multiple Pass programmable for roughing and finishing can remove any amount of material in one automatic cycle. Enter desired deck height of block and themachine will cut to that height. No more guess work!
- Lifter Bore Machining - bore housings and bushings to exact final size.
- Automatic line bore cycle completes all main bearing housings to within .0002”.
- Face main line thrust bearing faces square to crankshaft centerline.
- Machine a radius for stroker crank connecting rod and bolt clearance.
- Rottler PATH CNC program allows G code programming and file transfer with CAD/CAM programs.